In this Good Money Moves podcast episode we focus on budget categories. We discuss what guidelines you should follow when constructing your budget, talk about what to do if you find yourself overspending in one category, and dive into how often you should be reviewing your budget to make sure your spending is staying within the categories you set up.
Good Money Moves is a local Rochester, MN podcast produced through a partnership between First Alliance Credit Union and News Talk 1340 KROC AM & 96.9 FM. Each Good Money Moves podcast episode is packed full of the financial information you need know to be able to make good money moves through every stage of life.
Good Money Moves Podcast Episode Details:
Episode Number: 17
Topic: Determining and managing your budgeting categories
Topic expert: Jordan Kaehler, Lending Advisor at First Alliance Credit Union
Episode Length: 26:15 minutes
In Episode 17 of the Good Money Moves Podcast
In this episode of the Good Money Moves podcast, we talk about budgeting categories. We talk about how to create them, how much of your income you should allocate to each category and what to do if you're overspending in one of your categories. We also cover how often you should be adjusting your budget in order to maintain a good balance among your budgeting categories.
Financial Tools and Resources Mentioned in the Show
- The Beginner's Guide to Budgeting
- First Alliance Credit Union Facebook page
- Working with a First Alliance Advisor
- Free Budgeting Calculator
Other Podcast Listening and Download Options
- Download it here
- Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and Spotify
- Listen live every Saturday morning at 10:00 AM on News Talk 1340 KROC AM & 96.9 FM
- Explore all the available Good Money Moves podcast episodes here
Want more information about budgeting?
Check out these additional budgeting resources:
- 10 Best Tips for Staying on Budget
- What is the 50/30/20 Budget?
- Three Tips for Sticking to Your Budget During Financial Planning Month
Start making Good Money Moves in your life! Contact the knowledgeable Advisors at First Alliance Credit Union today to get pointed in the right financial direction.