In this episode of the Good Money Moves podcast, we talk about what you need to know about cosigning on loans. We talk about what a loan cosigner is, what their responsibilities are, and what you can do if you need a cosigner for your loan but can't find someone.
Good Money Moves is a local Rochester, MN podcast produced through a partnership between First Alliance Credit Union and News Talk 1340 KROC AM & 96.9 FM. Each Good Money Moves podcast episode is packed full of the financial information you need know to be able to make good money moves through every stage of life.
Good Money Moves Podcast Episode Details:
Episode Number: 48
Topic: What you need to know about cosigning on loans
Topic expert: Troy Brenhaug, Consumer Lending Program Manager at First Alliance Credit Union
Episode Length: 26:29 minutes
In Episode 48 of the Good Money Moves Podcast
In this Good Money Moves podcast, we talk about cosigners on loans. We start the podcast by discussing what a cosigner on a loan does and why someone might need a cosigner on a loan. We also point out the difference between a cosigner and a co-borrower. Next, we discuss what someone needs to consider before they become a cosigner on a loan. Plus, we give some advice on what you can do if you need a cosigner to qualify for a loan but can't find one.
Financial Tools and Resources Mentioned in the Show
- First Alliance Blog
- Contact a First Alliance Lending Advisor
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- First Alliance Online Banking with Free Credit Score Tool
Other Podcast Listening and Download Options
- Download it here
- Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and Spotify
- Listen live every Saturday morning at 10:00 AM on News Talk 1340 KROC AM & 96.9 FM
- Explore all the available Good Money Moves podcast episodes here
Want more information about cosigning on loans?
Check out these additional resources about needing a cosigner:
- The Basics for Needing a Cosigner on a Loan
- Understanding Credit Scores
- Why do Credit Scores Matter so Much?
Start making Good Money Moves in your life! Contact the knowledgeable Advisors at First Alliance Credit Union today to get pointed in the right financial direction.