Our new Mobile Banking app feature lets you control your debit card and credit card usage and spending on the go. My Cards helps you manage your finances, while protecting you from fraud, by controlling how, when, and where your First Alliance Credit Union debit cards and credit cards are used through your smartphone.
If you're already a member of First Alliance Credit Union you can begin using the free My Cards tool today! Simply download our free Mobile Banking app and click on "My Cards" in the Quick Links section to get started protecting and managing your cards.
My Cards Allows You To:
- Turn your debit card or credit card ON and OFF
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amounts, merchant categories (i.e. grocery store or restaurant), and geographic locations (i.e. Rochester, MN or within 5 miles of your current location)
- Receive alerts when your debit card or credit card is used, approved, or exceeds the transaction controls set by you
- Stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted, declined transactions
- Get real-time balances for your accounts
Watch this tutorial video to learn more about My Cards!
Tips for Using My Cards in Your Everyday Life!
Control Spending - If you’re trying to establish or stick to a budget, My Cards can help!
- Set spending limits for general use or specific thresholds by merchant types such as gas, groceries, or retail stores. You can also establish these controls by geographic location, such as specific cities.
- The flexible app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via your mobile device. Going on vacation? Holiday shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs!
- Use the MyCards app to check your account balances in real time
Fraud Protection – Turning your debit card or credit card ON and OFF helps safeguard against fraud!
- When your card is “OFF” no withdrawals or purchases will be approved, except for previously scheduled recurring transactions
- When your card is “ON” only transactions within your specified preferences will be processed
- Transaction controls allow your debit or credit card to only work in specific location or geographic areas to add an additional layer of protection
- Real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined
Business Use – Use the transaction controls for merchant codes, location, and thresholds to ensure employee spending adheres to your company policies.
Parental Controls – Support your child’s financial needs, while managing their spending. Using features, such as threshold limits, merchant categories, location, and on/off controls you decide where, when, and how your child uses their debit or credit card.